!!!VACANCY ON HOLD!!!
Manual Machinist (trade qualified/Cert III/Machinist Class 1
We require the services of a skilled machinist to operate manual lathes, milling machines, slotting and special purpose type machines.
Work is mainly general engineering/jobbing/prototype work to good tolerance and finishes. Typically work is to drawing and/ or samples.
Work is varied, sometimes challenging, no mass production.
Mainly steel alloy machining with some bronze,cast iron, plastic and stainless material.
- Interpret drawings and manufacturing as well as pressure quality testing including design adaptations in order to customise a current design.
- Operating in and supervising machine shop activities
- Maintenance of lathes and milling machines
- Design of various gear systems
- 5 years experience
- Accountability for machining jobs
- Comply with OHS
- Fanuc and Okuma experience
- Maintenance CNC lathes and CNC milling machines
- CNC programming and operating CNC machines
- Basic programming on CADCam
A conscientious person with an eye for detail and a good work ethic will find a pleasant work environment.
Ideally also able to work with minimum supervision.
Should be willing to learn new skills.
DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU MEET THE MINIMUM ESSENTIAL SKILLS!
Salary: $60 000 – $69 999per annum ($30 – $35 per hour)